Wednesday 24 June 2009

Are They Still Heroes?

The networks have put out there fall schedules and I for one know what shows will be on my schedule. One show that I'm still debating on watching is Heroes. I have stayed loyal to this show even when people I know had abandoned it but having finally watched the last two episodes, and it took me a month to even want to see what happened, it didn't have me excited.

I believe that I should have stopped watching it a year ago but I'm not sure why I haven't. I think that there is some secret hope that it might get better. Sometimes I like to see where things are going and how they play out but I'm running out of patience.

The return of Bryan Fuller was meant to rejuvenate it and some people thought it had. To me, I don't think he had enough episodes in the arc to impact my opinion as I think I was too far gone to be brought back. With news breaking that he has quit the show again, what does it mean for the direction of the next chapter. With dwindling viewers and constant criticism, would this be one of the shows that we might not see at the Upfronts come May 2010. Maybe they should do what Lost has done and set a time frame to end it. This might actually help as it can give it some sort of direction, which at times seems to be lacking. It will now be up against the more popular House and Dancing with the Stars, so I see it losing more viewers instead of gaining then. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment