Wednesday 17 June 2009

Keeping The Light

I am recent fan of Guiding Light. The first time I saw anything about it was when I walked past my mother watching a clip on YouTube regarding the Ava/Bill/Remy and baby Max story. I didn't really think about it much until a few months later I came across two interest clips, also on YouTube. One was Buzz and Alan fighting, leading up to them both having a heart attack and the other was the famous "Two Mommies" presentation. Both had me in complete stitches and I knew I had to watch more and I have been hooked every since.

Like every other network and lets be frank, most businesses, CBS has made some cuts and shows like Without A Trace and Guiding Light have been axed. There is no comparison to Guiding Light as its been broadcast for decades, but having watched both British and American soaps, whether once or for years, Guiding Light is the only one I'm watching and I'm excited to watch. In fact it has me more excited then some of the dramas or comedies out there.




I never realised how many people that I like or watch on things today have passed through GL, including the legend that is Joan Collins.

I will continue to watch it up till its run ends on CBS on Friday 18th September and I shall keep following if it gets picked up by another network; hoping they make it more accessible to international followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment