Thursday 2 July 2009

Unusual and Unpopular

The Unusuals was one of the few new shows cancelled that I actually enjoyed and I should say still enjoy. Though it hasn't been renewed, I'm glad that the remaining episodes were shown.

I thought that there was a niche that this show could capitalize on, but I, and the people behind it were wrong. Maybe this kind of show would have been better served on a cable network, who knows.

The dynamic between Adam Goldberg and Harold Perrineau as Detectives Delahoy and Banks make me laugh especially as Delahoy has been told he has a brain tumour but won't get treatment and Banks constantly wears a bulletproof vest as he has turned 42 and his father, uncle and grandfather died at that age. Their contrasting dilemmas are part of what makes their dysfunctional dynamic work.



I'm not big at watching cop shows, as they usually use some of the same principles used in previous shows but part of what drew me to this show is the fact that its not a straight out, hard hitting drama and the light relief kept me interested. It's a shame that this wasn't given another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment