Wednesday 17 June 2009

A Daytime Emmy Performance for 2010

I'm not going to go too much into anything about the Daytime Emmy's as I'm no expert on it and this year will be the first time I shall have any interest in it. I do however want to talk about one nominee and that's EJ Bonilla. I have not seen that much of his work so I can't comment on his nomination for this year but I do want to throw him into the hat for a nomination for next year.

I would also throw in Crystal Chappell and Jessica Leccia for nominations too (not sure why they aren't this year though the former made the prenoms).

The whole Otalia storyline has brought out some brilliant performances but Bonilla's performance on Monday 15th recently had me enthralled. The way he played Rafe's reaction, to finding out his mother is in a relationship with a woman, stole this episode for me.



I'm sure his reaction is true to life and one of many ways the writers could have taken it. It's a real truth to what many people face everyday and Bonilla did a fine job in this episode, bringing that to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment