Tuesday 16 June 2009

Paging Nurse Jackie

I'm still to cast an opinion on Nurse Jackie yet and I've managed to watch three episodes now. The good news is that I shall watch a fourth but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm one of the few that has never watched The Sopranos, in fact I've never watched anything that Edie Falco has been in so I had no expectations. I came into this quite blind; just saw that a new show was starting and I wanted to give it a try while I wait for the main bulk of shows come back in September.

Also starring is Peter Facinelli (from Twilight and Jennie Garth's husband). My knowledge on the others that are in this is pretty slim. The show is built as a dark comedy and it's still trying to find its feet where this is concerned.

There is something about her character that has me intrigued that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's some of the lengths that she goes to, pushing the ethical boundary or her double life. Whatever it is, I shall keep with this.


Showtime is already pleased, with a over 1 million viewers for the first episode, they have immediately renewed it for a second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment