Thursday 28 January 2010

Scrub out Time

It might be a little harsh for me to say but out of the ABC comedies, Scrubs has become that annoying person who was funny the first and maybe second time but now it's the hundreth time of hearing the same joke and it's unfunny, boring and kind of sad.

The latest episode with Turk made me believe I was watching an episode from season 1, he just didn't have his equally immature best friend with him. I wasn't asking for much but a little growth from the now "Chief of Surgery". Things that used to work seems tired and recycled. I was waiting to see how things played out once JD left the canvass but the jokes feel as cold as a cadaver at times.

The way Drew and Denise have been played out the last couple of episodes seems slightly lost at times and having Drew reveal he was married last week seemed to come out of nowhere and I don't feel it's moved them anywhere.

There have been small glimpses of the potential of the medical school students but I feel that with too much time spent on JD in the early parts of the series, it didn't give the others a real chance to develop. The show should have either not come back this season or a clean break should have been made with JD at the end of what was a fitting finale last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment