Sunday 3 January 2010

Better Off Ted: Don't Fight It, Watch It

Better Off Ted is smart, witty, packed with one liners and is also a show that not a lot of people are watching. While more viewers are flocking to Modern Family and Cougar Town on a Wednesday, Better Off Ted has being struggling on a Tuesday.

It's no secret that I like this show; I even changed my Twitter image to a Better Off Ted photo. I share the opinion of others that this show would be much better on a Wednesday with The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town.

Before the fall season started, I thought Modern Family and Cougar Town would struggle, but when I saw how good they were doing, it gave me hope for Better Off Ted. Unfortunately not enough viewers haven't been knocking on the door.

People might be raving about Sue, on Glee, but there is another female with great one liners; Veronica, played by Portia de Rossi. You can't forget Phil and Lem, two scientist who in the last episode were upset that a human replaced the clean-up robot. With lines like "I feel like my heart has been kicked in the testicles", this show provides laughter in every episode.

This month, ABC will be burning off episodes by showing two a week. I personally don't think the show was given a proper chance. Half of the first season was shown from June to August, bringing a ratings dip to its figures from March to May. The recent episode shown after a bowl game, gave the show some of it's best ratings but this doesn't seem to be enough.

Ken Tucker, EW.com, has started a save Better Off Ted Campaign and he regularly posts about the show the day after it airs.

No comments:

Post a Comment