Monday 27 July 2009

10 Things or Less

I'm not sure that I came to this with an objective view. I've seen the movie and own it, though I haven't yet been able to watch it for a couple of years. People might have thought that this was because of the death of Heath Ledger but it's partly because I bought it on VHS and I no longer have a working player.

That being said, I was trying to give the TV show a fair crack of the whip and judge it as a standalone teen show. Well first of I don't see a point to this being turned from a film into a TV show. I'm sure there a way they could have done a teen show without having it tied to the movie. Though the name would give it publicity, not being tied to the film would give it a chance without having it hang over their head. Comparisons will be made, regardless of it being intentional or not.

I wasn't overly impressed by the performances and frankly there could come up with something else to show on ABC Family. I have the next two episodes sitting, waiting for me to watch and I'll eventually get round to it but I can't see myself watching the series in its entirety. I don't think it offers anything new to the table and there are other teen shows going, that I don't necessarily watch. I guess being shown in the summer will prevent it from being drowned if it was shown any other time of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment