Tuesday 16 February 2010

Life Unexpected vs One Tree Hill? My choice is...

Early today The CW announced new season pick-ups for Supernatural, Gossip Girl, 90210, The Vampire Diaries and America’s Next Top Model. No news yet on Smallville, Melrose Place, Life Unexpected and One Tree Hill.

According Kristin at E!, only one will return between Life Unexpected and One Tree Hill. If it came down to a vote, my choice would be Life Unexpected. I have watched every episode of One Tree Hill but this season I've finally felt like this show has run its course. Story lines are not attention grabbing, things feel repetitive plus seven is a good number to end on. I don't think the departures of Hilarie Burton and Chad Michael Murray played any part, as in my opinion, it was declining when they were on the show.

Most shows that start in high school, suffer through the transition when they move on to college. One Tree Hill jumped past that and at first it worked. I touched on a few points earlier in the season to why I was finding it hard to like this season.

Regardless of whether its renewed, this shall be the last season that I shall watch the residents of Tree Hill.

The reason why my vote is for Life Unexpected is that it's fresh, fun and has intriguing dynamics. It's a show that I'm not complaining about, I'm excited to see a new episode. Even my mother, who isn't in The CW's target demographic, likes this show. Yes, it is early days, but this show seems to be hitting the mark with fans and critics. I hope the viewing figures keep up and this show gets another season, maybe even a full season order.

2 comments:

  1. I hope LUX gets renewed too. I stopped watching One Tree Hill after the season six finale. I took it as a series finale. One Tree Hill really peaked in season four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The show has got better. Shame there's only 13 episodes so far

    ReplyDelete