Thursday 5 November 2009

Character Transplants Needed

The other week, I had a conversation about characters that I found either annoying or boring and could do with a personality transplant (a rewrite would do). So I decided to write them down.

Catherine and Orson from Desperate Housewives. I'm struggling to remember why they are even needed anymore. Catherine is so annoying that she's actually taken over the role of the most annoying character, from Susan. I was actually disappointed that Susan didn't do a better job of shooting her. What was once a intriguing character, Orson has now turned into a bad side show, like his kleptomaniac storyline from last season. Maybe with the plane crash coming, these two can finally be removed from our screens.

Thirteen and Foreman (Foreteen) from House. To put one annoying character with a boring one really made for one of the least interesting couples. Even the break up was boring and left me saying 'so what'. For me, they were in competition for the title with Riley and Jonah from Melrose Place.

Speaking of Melrose Place, Violet is next on the list. You can critisize the acting, writing or both. Whichever way, this character is awful and uncomfortable to watch. I, for one, am happy that the end of this character is near. It doesn't convey crazy very well, just sad and desperate, like Catherine from Desperate Housewives.

Langston from CSI. I'm I in a small minority of people that are not excited by the crossover. I will certainly watch it but if this is the plan to gain back the viewers that have left, then they should have used a different character. Maybe this could be the thing that turns it around for the character and we might get to see more depth. If not, I just feel that Laurence Fishburne should have been given a better character to work with.

Chief Webber from Grey's Anatomy. You just have to watch it to know why. He's going round sacking people and like Derek said, he needs to take some blame for the chaos he's created. I loved Arizona's scene with him on last week's episode.

I'm sure there are more but those are my main ones though Ryan from Three Rivers nearly made the list. I thought I should give it a couple of more episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment