Tuesday 6 October 2009

Heroes...Going, Going, Gone

So it finally happened and I joined the other millions that have done the same thing. I have officially dumped Heroes. After avoiding watching the season opener for nearly two weeks, I finally sat down to watch the double episode. Day after day I had put this episode to the back of the queue watching everything else that had been aired in between. Yesterday I finally decided to just sit down and watch but only because there was nothing left to watch.

I found myself pausing constantly as I was getting bored, I just couldn't find myself interested. Halfway through the first episode, I went to get myself a drink and I had a brief chat with my mother. She had stop watching the show two episodes away from the end of last season. She asked me why I was flogging a dead horse and that it's not a new show so I shouldn't give it the same chance I was giving those (I adopted a policy if giving the new shows 3 episodes to get me interested). It got me thinking about the time I originally wanted to stop watching it until now. Two seasons and it still hasn't got any better. I got to the end of the first episode and rolled my eyes at the thought of trying to watch another two and that's when I made the decision to finally break up with the show.

I would have placed money on one of the new shows being the first to drop off my TV guide but I was wrong. It was a long time coming and I mentioned it in a post a couple of months ago. The quality of the show has declined as fast as the viewing figures and it should be given it's marching orders (as mentioned in my cancellation predictions). On Monday Trauma, which starts straight after Heroes, got more viewers (5.49m compared to 5.41m though Heroes had a better figure with the 18-49 demo).

I mean there's even a Twitter campaign to get people to stop watching it. I as well as millions of others have said goodbye to Heroes and so should NBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment